mobile navigation
scheduleSCHEDULE
close buttonClose Menu





close buttonClose Menu

CALL
NOW!

855-587-3786

Harmful Effects of Mold

by Resto Pros on January 31, 2019

Harmful Effects of Mold

It’s true: there’s no place like home. It’s where you can retreat to find comfort, relaxation, peace of mind, safety, and so much more. That is, unless you have mold. Even a small amount in your living room or basement can cause great unease, and for good reason. This is because mold can greatly impact your health, not to mention it can cause structural damage to your home. While not every species of mold out there is toxic, any amount found in your home should be treated immediately. Due to the harmful of effects of mold, waiting will only lead to further problems.

How Mold Effects Your Health

Have you been feeling under the weather for some time now, but assumed it’s because of the weather? The true culprit could be mold. Prolonged exposure to damp environments can lead to variety of health problems, including:

  • Severe allergies
  • Irritation in the eyes, nose and throat
  • Irritation of the skin
  • Upper respiratory problems (coughing, wheezing)
  • Headaches

Your overall health permeates into all the other parts of your life. When you don’t feel good, it can be hard to perform even simple tasks. If you want to breathe easy again and restore your health, we recommend having your home tested for mold right away. Our licensed, experienced technicians use proven methods to locate and permanently remove mold.

Does Your Home Have Dust Mites?

Dust mites are a common trigger of allergies and asthma, and if you have mold in your home, it’s possible you also have dust mites. These tiny creatures, measuring roughly one-quarter to one-third of a millimeter, thrive in damp, humid areas, and can wreak havoc on your health. Their feces contain more than 15 aggressive allergens that can trigger allergic reactions.

Do you think you have a dust mite allergy? According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, symptoms include:

  • Coughing
  • Sneezing
  • Stuffy or runny nose
  • Itchy, red or watery eyes
  • Itchy throat
  • Skin irritation

To get rid of dust mites in your home, you need to attack the source of the problem, which could be excess moisture or mold. Check out this article from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America to learn how you can help reduce their presence.

How Mold Effects Your Home

When you think of household mold, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? Probably that it’s harmful to your health. But did you know that it can also cause severe damage to your home? After all, it’s important to promptly address mold issues not just for the sake of your well-being, but for your home’s (and bank account’s!) sake as well. Here’s why:

Mold loves to feed on wood, fabrics, and papers. It can eat away at anything from wallpapers, ceiling tiles and floorboards to carpets, drywall and wooden studs. If left untreated, you could be dealing with collapsed ceilings or caved in floorboards. When the growth is widespread, some contaminated items such as mattresses, carpet or insulation might need to be replaced rather than restored.

If you come across mold, don’t panic just yet. It doesn’t mean your house will fall down with you inside it. However, if you want to safeguard your home, you need to begin the removal process right away and put measures in place to prevent a return.

Restore comfort and safety to your home by scheduling an appointment with the trusted professionals at RestoPros. To learn more about our high-quality mold testing and removal services, give us a call at (855) 587-3786.