Testing Homes for Mold & Mildew in the Plano & Dallas Areas
Your home should be a safe, healthy place where you can relax. Unfortunately, it can be extremely difficult to relax when you discover mold in your home. Instead of letting mold spread throughout your home, you should have the experts at RestoPros Inc. address your mold problem as quickly as possible. We’ll use proven techniques to remove the mold in your home, then follow up with air quality testing to ensure that the air in your home is the best possible.
As a homeowner, you should have a basic understanding of what mold is and how you can prevent it from damaging your property. Here are a few basic mold facts.
- Characteristics: Mold is an abundant type of fungus that is a necessary part of natural decomposition. Mold spreads via microscopic spores, and occasionally finds its way indoors.
- Ideal Environment: Mold needs oxygen, food, the right temperature (72-85 degrees), a viable spore, and moisture to grow. These factors are similar to what we need to survive; this is why mold is a problem in indoor environments.
- Identification: Mold is microscopic, so air quality testing is an important way to determine if you have a mold problem. Of course, mold often grows in hard-to-see areas, which is why you should keep your nose out for a strong musty smell.
Mold Removal Process
It’s important to have a team of professionals eliminate your mold problem as soon as possible. Before and after the remediation process is complete, the experts at RestoPros Inc. recommend air quality testing by a licensed mold assessment consultant.
- Initial Assessment and Written Protocol: A licensed mold assessment consultant will come to your property to inspect and take air quality samples. Based on their findings, they will write a protocol (set of instructions) for removing the mold.
- Removal Process: We first set up containment to prevent mold spores from spreading throughout the property during the remediation process and protect the occupants from further mold exposure. We then remove the affected porous materials such as drywall, insulation, carpet and padding. We will clean and disinfect non-porous materials such as tile, wood, and concrete.Following that we sanitize the entire containment. If necessary, we will apply an anti-fungal paint to the treated non-porous materials.
- Air Scrubbing: Next, we’ll activate our air scrubbers, which clean the air inside the containment area for at least 24 hours before clearance testing.
- Clearance Testing: Finally, we’ll have a mold assessment consultant perform thorough testing to make sure your air quality is at a healthy level. After 24 to 72 hours, the mold assessment consultant will issue clearance and sign a Certificate of Mold Damage Remediation.
Mold testing is a crucial part of the mold removal process. If you have any questions about mold testing in Plano, don’t hesitate to call RestoPros Inc. at (855) 58-RESTO (855-587-3786).