5 Signs You Need New Carpet
You always want the best for your home, and sometimes that means replacing your old carpet. Regardless of how much you clean and maintain it, your carpet will eventually reach the end of its usefulness. However, with carpet, it isn’t always immediately evident when this has occurred. Sometimes an older carpet might not exhibit any signs of wear yet may be hiding years of mold growth or other contaminants underneath. While figuring out whether or not you need to retire your carpet might be difficult, the professionals at RestoPros are here to guide you!
Every Dallas/Ft. Worth homeowner should mindful of when their carpet needs to be replaced. There are a few common signs that signify age or damage that will help you make the best decision for your home. Below are a few that our remediation experts have complied:
- Noticeable Wear and Matting
- Once your carpet is noticeably damaged, it’s difficult to save it.
- Examine your carpet for ripples, as this can be caused by worn padding underneath.
- Padding that loses its form also has reduced cushioning and insulation.
- Check every area of the carpet for tears, holes and other visual clues that might indicate a replacement is needed.
- Matted carpet, or carpet that has become frayed, can be caused by heavy traffic or improper installation.
- Unremovable Stains
- Every carpet gets a stain occasionally, but once they start to stay, it’s time for your carpet to go.
- Although most carpet designs come with stain-resistance, this often loses effectiveness with age, and stains can become prevalent.
- Some lingering carpet stains can also soak through the carpet, harming the floor and potentially causing mold or mildew.
- If stains are appearing out of nowhere on your carpet, then this may be mold growth. Contact RestoPros immediately for mold remediation services.
- Foul Odors
- A smelly carpet is a bad carpet, and the stronger the odor, the faster you should seek solutions to get rid of the smell.
- Foul odors in your carpet can be caused by various things including pets, foot traffic, spills, or old age.
- Foul odors from your carpet can compromise your indoor air quality and may lead to health problems including headaches and nausea.
- If you have had your carpet professionally cleaned and the odors remain, you should consider replacing it.
- Foul odors that persist can also be the cause of mold growth. If your carpet is damp or musty, call the experts at RestoPros for mold remediation services.
- Increased Symptoms of Allergies
- When you find yourself sneezing or coughing a lot when entering a room, your carpet may be the reason.
- An older carpet can hold allergens and affect the health of a household.
- Other symptoms of these allergens could include runny nose, hives, dizziness and headaches.
- If these symptoms persist even after a professional cleaning, you should consider replacing the carpet.
- Older Than 8 Years
- When your carpet is old, don’t expect the same results as when you first got it.
- Most carpets tend to have a lifespan of about 8 years (or less), but this lifespan can be even shorter with larger families, homes with pets, and homes with leak problems.
- If your carpet is 8 – 10 years old, consider replacing it. After the fibers have become worn and frayed, it is more difficult for it to withstand stains and other damaged caused by everyday foot traffic.
Never let your carpet be the cause of an unhealthy home. If you are experiencing any of these problems, consider replacing your carpet. And if you believe that your old carpet might be harboring mold, contact RestoPros immediately. We are the most trusted mold remediation company in Dallas/Ft Worth and can help with a variety of infestation problems. For affordable mold remediation services give us a call at 855-587-3786 to schedule an appointment.